A Sitter shall:
• Treat parents and other family members with respect by maintaining conﬁdentiality and respecting the family’s right to privacy.
• Work together with parents to create an environment conducive to the healthy development of the child.
• Respect the family’s child-rearing values and parents’ rights to make decisions for their children.
• Support the family value system, cultural expression, and individual characteristics and refrain from imposing personal values or biases on the child.
• Be an advocate for children and work to protect their rights.
• Not hold the child accountable for negative interactions between parents and nanny.
• Inform parents of physical injury, illness, and emotional crises should they occur in the child’s life.